Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Insomnia

Sometimes, I don't sleep. It's not that I can't sleep or that I'm not tired, but that I choose to stay awake. I guess that's not quite the same thing as insomnia, but that's the only word I know to label it.

It's 1:11 AM as I write this sentence. I am wide awake. It's like I get on a plateau and my mind is racing in a million different directions. I start to discuss things with myself. Usually I talk about music, art, God, or women. Tonight, I'm writing this.

It is amazing how much you can find out about yourself if you just sit and discuss things alone. Something about the night is surreal to me. It's one of the few times I feel like I'm just me. I'm Marcus. No masks or labels. This is where I find out who I really am. The door is shut and the cameras are off.

Tonight, I'm a lonely boy. Tomorrow, I'll be an artist.

Sorry for rambling.

-Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment